15. A festival in Tochigi Prefecture.
14. Decapitated heads work just as well as traditional scarecrows.
13. Kids making poses.
12. GHOST CAT, DEAR GOD.
11. No idea where this thing is.
10. These little kids are holding up tengu masks, a kind of Japanese demon.
9. I never thought watermelon could be so terrifying.
8. Three people died in a car accident here. That’s supposedly the face of a ghost.
7. Your guess is as good as mine.
6. H’m, there’s just something about putting creepy faces on inanimate objects.
5. Now here’s a gritty reboot I’d like to see.
4. Some sort of ball of light hovering over a graveyard
3. A life-sized doll dressed in a kimono.
1. Some photoshops should just never be done. (EDIT: A reader has pointed out to me that this is actually face paint. My bad!)
Enjoyed this list? Click here to like us on Facebook and keep up with our latest articles.
5 thoughts on “15 Creepy Pictures from the Japanese Side of the Internet”
Neat pictures! The ‘photoshop’ one is face painting though :3
Damn, that’s some very good face painting then. Thanks for the correction!
For number 10, did you notice the face of a kid ghost on the right window? 😖
The photo no 5 is little bit horror for me and the photo 9 is little bit creepy but great work.